Iron bEATS 2 - Persimmon / Chinese Broccoli Battle
“The Josh Pollocks” Timelapse
Langton Labs - November 2009
Ever amazing, our dear friends at Langton Labs hosted their second Iron-Chef-style food battle / DJ remix challenge: Iron bEATS 2!
This time, the challenge ingredients were persimmons and Chinese broccoli! Teams had two hours to make a multi-course meal featuring these challenge ingredients. Two teams sweated over the Langton main space stove, with another team on their camp stove in the main space, one in our upstairs kitchen, and two at their own nearby spaces. At the end of the two hours, the teams showcased their food… and we all got to eat.
Many thanks to everyone who attended / participated, and of course to the Langton Labs crew for being incredible hosts, as always.
The video above documents a portion of my team’s endeavors.
“The Josh Pollocks”
Nick Martin Nick Ingolia
Ethan Hurdus Danny Benitez
At the end of 2 hours, the following menu was presented:
- Chilled tomato water with CB infused oil and volcanic salt
- Creamy CB soup with hazelnut oil and CB blossoms
- Ahi tartare with persimmon and avocado over sweet sesame jicama slaw
- Persimmon, pine nut, and raisin empanada with a dill / mint creme fraiche and persimmon sauce
- Persimmon ice cream with sweet CB and beet sauces
- Off menu: Cucumber spritzer Champagne cocktail
beats: Lando Kal - Fuzzy Ankles
Whilst in Paris for a movie launch party, P. Diddy took in the usual sights one might: La Tour Eiffel, Notre-Dame, and - of course - Le Musée du Louvre.
BuzzFeed picked up a photo Diddy posted of himself enjoying Leonardo da Vinci’s “La Joconde” [ original photo above from http://www.buzzfeed.com/akdobbins/diddy-supports-the-arts ].
Being a supporter of the arts, I thought P might enjoy seeing himself up there with his own bewildering smile. =)